Quick yam noodles with "alfredo" sauce and greens.
You can have Quick yam noodles with "alfredo" sauce and greens using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick yam noodles with "alfredo" sauce and greens
- It’s 1 large of yam.
- You need 1/4 of onion, finely choped.
- It’s 4 small of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 can of garlic, finely diced.
- You need 4 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 4 tbsp of whipping cream.
- It’s 2 piece of sliced cheese.
- It’s 1 of handful of green leaves.
- It’s 1 of a little grated salty cheese.
- It’s of salt and black pepper.
Quick yam noodles with "alfredo" sauce and greens step by step
- Peel the yam and cut thin noodle-like strings. If you can julian it – all the better, but you don't have to! This should take you about 15 minutes- I just do it in front of the tv..
- Bake the noodles in a toster oven until a crispy with a tiny bit of oil – if you have virgin olive oil – awesome, if not – it's totally okay as well! The noodlrs are really thin, but there are a lot – so it might take a little while to cook. It took me about 10 minutes..
- Once you're done cooking the yams and have them on a plate next to you, fry the mushrooms, onion and garlic in a bit of butter (note: if you want the dish to taste a bit more garlicy – add the garlic later on). Don't over cook them- you just want to brase the musrooms a little and coat them with the butter. It shouldn't take longer than 3 minutes..
- Add the milk, cream and sliced cheese (I used gauda) to the pan – the sauce will reduce really quickly – but it's totally okay! The key is to do it as quick as you can. In the picture above you can see I wasn't as quick – so it was more of a creamy melted cheese than a sauce, but it's totally great as well. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper – this sauce is supposed to be a poorman's alfredo sauce so it's not supposed to be overly salty. Pore the sauce on the noodles and mix a little..
- Time for plating! Add some greens (I just use pre-made salad mix I get in the supermarket – no need to try very hard) above the noodles – as you're the one eating the dish you should decide how much is enough for you. Add some grated salty cheese – I use Iraqi cheese, but feta will work fine as well..
- That's it! You're done. You can add some walnuts, pecans, dried cranberries, pomogranate seeds, bacon bits works amazingly well with this, schnitzel strips (take chicken breasts/ a pirce of beef, smash it until it's about 3 sentimeters thin, cut it to strips, dip in an egg and then in panko/regular bread crumbs abd a little salt, fry until golden) and regular chicken breasts can work as well. I'm supet lazy, so I just eat it with scrambled eggs. All in all it's a way to make your loved ones to eat more veggies – without them being veggies!.