Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti. Spaghetti and Vegan Meatballs is the best ultimate vegan comfort food! Plus, this recipe is easy enough for a busy weeknight and is a family favorite! It's easily customizable and comes together quick enough for a busy weeknight meal!
I finally wrote it down as I went along! Serve over hot, cooked and well drained spaghetti, thin spaghetti. In Italy it can be 'Meatless Monday' all week long. You can cook Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti
- It’s 3 of medium zucchini squash peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of sprouted lentils cooked/drained according to package.
- Prepare of I medium fresh tomato chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 jar of organic spaghetti sauce (your favorite).
- You need 2 tbs of chopped garlic.
- You need to taste of Italian seasoning dried.
- Prepare to taste of Salt/pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Dried Red chili pepper.
- It’s of I pkg spaghetti noodles cooked, drained, tossed in 1 tbs olive oil.
Are you familiar with these Italian vegetarian recipes? Italy experienced opulence only after the industrial revolution. A delicious healthy vegan + gluten-free spaghetti squash lasagna made with roasted spaghetti Cut a spaghetti squash in half and scoop out all the seeds. Then, baste olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti instructions
- Olive oil in oversized deep skillet or Dutch oven pot on medium heat. Add all veggies above and garlic. Sauté for about 8-10 min on medium heat..
- I personally cook my noodles at the same time so they are piping hot. I like to add a little olive oil and Italian seasoning to water. (Like 1 tbs to water as it’s coming to boil)..
- After veggies are sautéed until slightly tender, add your favorite jar sauce. Add cooked lentils. Simmer 8-10 min on low heat. TIP: I keep lentils whole but you can crush/mash them if you want more of a ground beef or meat texture to the sauce. Add seasonings mentioned at this step!.
- Sometimes I also cook the lentils directly in the sauce for 6-8 minutes. If you choose that option just put 1/2 cup of water or red wine in sauce to simmer lentils if your sauce is too thick. The easy method is to cook in advance and just add to sauce above as mentioned. :-).
- Final step is to serve the sauce over your hot pasta! TIP: You can add crushed cashews tossed in olive oil and garlic salt w/ Italian seasoning and nutritional yeast for garnish for the Parmesan cheese yummy effect! I mix the ingredients together in food processor! Depending on how hard core your vegan lifestyle. Enjoy!.
Italian-style roasted bell peppers, stuffed with quinoa, sautéed onion, and a vegetarian. Hearty Lentil Spaghetti. "You won't miss any meat in this spaghetti sauce," writes Marie Bender of Henderson, Nevada. Packed full of lentils and Italian flavors, this sauce is thick, hearty and zesty. These Vegan Italian Cookbooks Will up Your Cooking Game. 'Nonna's Italian Kitchen' by Bryanna Clark Grogan. Bryanna Clark Grogan is the author of This hefty volume is a testament to a myriad of cuisines across the entire country.